|David J. Zinberg|
David J. Zinberg joined the firm as a partner in June, 2000. After graduating Brown University in 1974 and Harvard Law School in 1978, he practiced at the firms of DeForest & Duer (1978-81) and Rosenman & Colin (1981-97), as a partner from 1987-97, focusing on commercial real estate transactions. From 1997-2000 he was a Vice President of Morgan Guaranty Trust Company of New York, a subsidiary of J. P. Morgan, involved with real estate transaction and strategic management of J.P. Morgan offices worldwide.
David currently serves on the Executive Committee of the New York State Bar Association’s Real Property Law Section, and is a Co-Chair of its Commercial Leasing Committee. In the past he has served as a member of the Real Property Law Committee of the New York City Bar Association and Chair of its Subcommittee on Mortgage Loan Opinions, as a member of the joint committee of the New York State and New York City Bar Associations that published the Mortgage Loan Opinion Report, and as a Co-Chair of the Attorney Opinion Letters Committee of the New York State Bar Association’s Real Property Law Section. He has also been a speaker and panelist at various continuing education programs sponsored by committees of the New York State and New York City Bar Associations.
David’s transaction experience includes real estate acquisition, development, financing, leasing, restructuring, conversion and disposition for a wide variety of institutional and private clients, and dealing with office, retail, residential and special-use properties.Representative Matters
- Represents Columbia University in connection with various property acquisitions and leases in New York and the metropolitan area.
- Represented Citigroup Corporate Aviation and JPMorgan Chase Bank in connection with their respective leases of hangar space at Westchester County Airport, Westchester County, New York.
- Represented Deloitte & Touche in connection with its leasing of office space nationwide.
- Represented various institutional clients as both landlords and tenants in a variety of office and retail leases, including (pre-merger) J.P. Morgan, Citibank, IBM and others.
- Represented The Museum of Modern Art in connection with its acquisition of the former Hotel Dorset and related properties in New York, NY.
- Represented a major equity investor in Roosevelt Center, Westbury, New York in connection with financing for a new mixed use retail center.
- Represented J.P. Morgan in connection with its former headquarters building at 60 Wall Street, New York, New York in a convertible mortgage and lease transaction and the subsequent unwinding of the conversion feature with the Japanese investor.