|Jessica L. Rothman|
Construction & Design
Jessica L. Rothman joined the firm in June of 2004. Since graduating law school in 2000, Jessica has concentrated her practice in litigation involving all aspects of construction projects including breach of contract, mechanic’s liens, negligence and professional malpractice issues. She has represented a wide range of property owners, contractors, architects and engineers in multi-party litigation concerning the performance of construction and design agreements, and in negotiating and drafting construction and design agreements. She is also experienced in counseling owners, contractors, architects and engineers through disputes occurring during the performance of such agreements and mediating a wide-range of construction-related disputes.Representative Matters
- Represented worldwide owner and operator of self-storage facilities in zoning application process and breach of contract litigation in connection with the purchase and development of a new facility on Long Island.
- Represented sponsor of condominium and architect in litigation by owners for alleged defective design and construction of base buildings and common areas, and improperly tabulating the operating budget for the Condominium.
- Represented and represents owners and contractors in litigation involving claims under the mechanic’s lien laws.
- Represented an architectural firm in defending claims by school district for construction delays occasioned by failure to coordinate trade contractors.
- Represents engineering firm in connection with claims made by adjacent property owners and project site owners claiming loss of use of their respective properties due to alleged design and construction errors.
- Represented and represents architectural firms in litigation by owners for alleged failures to comply with applicable zoning provisions and cost estimates.
U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
New York State Bar
J.D., St. John’s University School of Law 2000
B.A., Washington University 1997