|Mioko C. Tajika|
Labor and Employment
Mioko C. Tajika is a partner of the firm and is a member of the Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property, Labor and Employment, and Asia Practice Groups. Mioko practices in both federal and state trial and appellate courts representing clients in all phases of litigation, and she also handles arbitration proceedings. Substantive areas of her work have included breach of contract, trademark and copyright infringement, employment, antitrust, class action, securities fraud, product labeling, and defamation matters. Mioko also provides client counseling on the proper use and enforcement of intellectual property rights, and renders advice to companies on employment issues.
Mioko is a native Japanese speaker and one of the founding members of the Japanese American Lawyers Network, which is the first Japanese bar association of its kind in New York. During law school, Mioko was a member of the Moot Court Board and served as the Note and Comment Editor for the Wisconsin International Law Journal. Previously, Mioko worked as a translator and at an art gallery in Chelsea, New York.
- Represents Japanese individuals in a tort action filed in the U.S. by their former Japanese employer.
- Represents the U.S. subsidiary of a large Japanese corporation in various employment matters.
- Represents the owner of buildings in an action brought by artists claiming that the works on the buildings were protected from demolition under the Visual Artists Rights Act.
- Represents a bank on an appeal arising from an action brought by developers claiming breach of a loan commitment after a three-week trial decision in favor of the bank.
- Represents an architectural firm in a copyright infringement lawsuit against the owner and developer of a property that used the client’s plans without permission.
- Represents an advertising agency in a variety of trademark and copyright issues including enforcement of rights and permissible use.
- Represents a LLC in a legal malpractice action against its former law firm.
- Represented a confectionary and trading card company in various litigation matters, including breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, class action, antitrust, defamation, copyright, trademark, and trade dress infringement, and violation of right of publicity.
- Represented a foreign bank in a complex mortgage foreclosure action.
- Represented a bank in connection with a lawsuit arising from the foreclosure of a cooperative unit.
- Represented an investment advisor in a securities fraud action.
United States Court of Appeals for the Second and Ninth Circuits
United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts
New York State Courts
Wisconsin State Courts (inactive)
J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School 2004
B.A., New York University 2000
Named a "New York Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (2014, 2015)