|Tara B. Mulrooney|
Construction & Design
Tara B. Mulrooney joined the firm as an associate in the Construction Group in 2009. Since 2003, Tara's practice has focused on all aspects of construction law including the representation of owners, architects, engineers, construction managers and contractors in the design and construction process. Such representation includes the defense of architects and engineers against claims concerning alleged negligence and/or errors and omissions, as well as drafting and negotiating a full-range of design and construction agreements. Her practice also includes counseling clients with respect to licensing, risk management, employment and other business related issues. Prior to 2003, Tara began her practice at Thacher Proffitt & Wood where she focused on commercial litigation and corporate law.Representative Matters
- Represented major architectural and engineering firms in drafting and preparing a full range of construction agreements.
- Represented a leading development firm in drafting contracts and other transactional matters with respect to hotel, high-end condominium and mixed use projects.
- Successfully argued summary judgment motions in several multi-party complex construction related cases.
- Advised and counseled major architectural and engineering firms on risk management strategies, corporate organization matters, employment related issues and professional licensing issues.
- Represented and advised major architectural and engineering firms with respect to a variety of employment related issues, including enforcement of restrictive covenants, wrongful termination claims, drafting and updating employee manuals and salary and wage related issues.
District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
New York State BarEducation
J.D., St. John's University School of Law, with honors, 2001
B.A., Georgetown University, cum laude, 1998